HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY, yorunohime!.
I really hope you had an awesome day, BB! ♥
- I haven’t updated my LJ in ages! I’ve been meaning to update for weeks, but I just keep getting distracted by shiny things such as Tumblr. Seriously, that site has taken over my life. Once you start looking on there, you can’t stop. It’s impossible to tear yourself away. I was on there for about 8-9 hours straight the other day- everytime I’d finished saving, liking and reblogging things, new stuff would turn up! It is so bloody evil!
- One reason I had so much to look at was that I went on a mini holiday from Sunday until Tuesday. My dad’s girlfriend booked rooms at the Windsor Hotel in the city (which is basically half an hour away from where I live), so my sister and I went along for the ride. It was… interesting. Very posh as well- the bathroom on the ground floor was called the “Lady’s Powder Room”, and each of the toilet stalls had a picture frame with its own light, which was both strange and rather unnecessary, if you ask me. Predictably, any food ordered from room service was RIDICULOUSLY expensive- a bowl of cereal cost $10!!! The only time that’d be acceptable is if it came with a bonus hot man who hand-fed it to you while massaging your neck. Toast was only $5 (I can’t believe I’m saying ‘only’ here), and I can’t figure out what makes cereal so much more expensive. One good thing about the hotel was that one of the door-opening dudes was really, really hot. As a consequence, I may or may not have made a few unnecessary trips out of that door over the course of the first day. Ahem…
- I got my uni results today! I got 77% in both Criminology and Sociology, which I was rather pleased with. My mark for Psychology just said withheld, which either means I didn't hand in the required work (which I know I did) or that they haven't finished marking the exams. I'm hoping for the latter, because I do not want to deal with the possibility of them having lost my work. I also got my timetable, which has also worked out rather well. I have to go in on 2 days, much like last semester. On Monday I'm there practically all day, and on Friday it's for about 4 hours, which is nothing to complain about.
- Recently I've begun rewatching Spooks. I haven't even finished my Ashes to Ashes rewatch, which isn't surprising- I always end up part of the way through a million different shows. That's just how I roll. Anyway, I'd forgotten how much I loved Zoe and Danny! I remember staying up late to watch the show when I was 13 or 14, and even then, I remember absolutely adoring Keeley’s acting (and her wonderful face, of course), as well as and shipping Danny/Zoe. They are just so damn adorable! I never realised how many awesome deleted scenes there are featuring them. I just stated series 2- yay for Ruth!!! God I love this show.
- Talking of shows with Keeley Hawes in them, I’ve been watching Identity. I find it hard to give an unbiased opinion of this show- every scene that Keeley’s character Martha is in I love, but the rest of the show… It’s not bad, but it’s not exactly brilliant. The first episode was a little lame, but the second episode was definitely an improvement. I really wish the show centred on Martha rather than John Bloom, because I find her much more interesting. The tortured, wounded ex-undercover dude storyline has been done a MILLION times, and is unfortunately a little dull. I just hope they give Martha/Keeley more screen time soon. I seem to remember Keeley saying that in the last episode of the series they explore her character quite a bit, so there’s that to look forward to!
- As this is a (typically) Keeley-centred post, have some pictures! I have a ridiculous number of Keeley pictures on my computer, so I think I’m going to do a picspam soon, which should be interesting! In the meantime:
- So the World Cup has been over for almost a week, and I miss it so damn much! I have to say, I was really hoping Germany won- I kind of fell in love with the team over the course of the tournament- but there really is no beating Paul the Octopus! I swear, he looks so damn evil. I think the problem is, I can’t help but compare him to Dalek Caan from Doctor Who. Just look at the similarities!
THEY’RE THE SAME!!! DALEK CAAN HAD CRAZILY ACCURATE PROPHECIES JUST LIKE PAUL!!! I AM OFFICIALLY FRIGHTENED OF AN OCTOPUS. And on that bombshell…